Days of Thunder
Days of Thunder is a cool new racing game for the iPhone platform that is somewhat similar to the popular Sony PlayStation hit, burnout. Don’t you just love racing games that allow you to put people through the wall as well? Days of Thunder is full of stunning scenes but it’s very easy to play. Your goal is to win the race and put enemies out or they will you. You can use the iPhone’s accelerometer to speed your way through the circuits and win the Days of Thunder cup in Daytona (see image below).
Here is what you get with Days of Thunder:
- High Octane Racing – Draft off of the cars in front of you and “Drop the Hammer” to get a burst of speed and invincibility.
- Rivals – Advanced AI racers who will stop at nothing to take you out of the race.
- Clash – Crash your opponent’s car and watch the carnage in slow motion.
- Earn New Speed Machines – Hunt down opponents, take them out and add their car to your garage. Unlock and collect up to 14 unique new race cars.
- Compete Through 39 Races – Covering 12 unique tracks in six different circuits: Amateur, Qualifying, Semi-Pro, Pro, Superstar, and Endurance.
- Unlock Tracks – Progress through Story Mode and earn achievements as you progress through the game.
- Strategically Use Your Pit – Pull into the pits to refuel and repair your car.
I found the controls to be very easy to use. You can’t really be conservative in this game. You’ve got to push through the field and wreck as many cars as you can. The graphics are stunning, and the game is very budget friendly. Overall, Days of Thunder is one of the best racing games on the iPhone platform.
Download your copy here.
- Fastlane Street Racing
- Need for Speed Undercover
- Race illegal
- Need for Speed Most Wanted for iPhone
- Horror Racing