ScratchJr: Visual Programming App for iOS
Teaching kids programming does not have to be challenging. Many companies have relied on visual programming interfaces to come up with solutions to teach kids how to code. ScratchJr for iPhone is a cool app that lets you children program their own interactive games by snapping together graphical programming blocks.
ScratchJr is inspired by the Scratch programming language. You children will be able to use visual programming blocks to make their characters move, dance, and do a whole lot more. As they solve problems, kids learn basic concepts of coding.
ScratchJr may not be that useful to older kids, but for children (ages 5-7), it could prove interesting. You can try the app for free.
- The Foos for iOS: Teach Kids Programming Logic
- Tynker: Learn Programming The Visual Way
- ScreenPlay for iOS Teaches Programming
- Junior Coder for iPad: Visual Programming for Kids
- Tinkerblocks for iPhone: Learn Coding